Young people today quickly adapt to various changes, actively respond to the events taking place in the country and the world, and also offer their own solutions to the problems of concern to society.
The first meeting of fellows, held in 2008 as part of KAZENERGY Educational Program, gave rise to KAZENERGY Youth Forums:
- 2009 KAZENERGY International Youth Conference KAZENERGY “Issues of training of young specialists and the activities of youth committees”;
- 2010 KAZENERGY International Youth Forum “Current issues and prospects of training young specialists for the oil and gas complex of Kazakhstan”;
- 2011-2012 youth forums under the mottos “Youth Energy – an innovative breakthrough of Kazakhstan” and “Youth in the energy future – a factor of change and a source of dynamism”;
- 2013 was marked by the sixth KAZENERGY International Youth Forum “ENERGIZE YOUR FUTURE”;
- 2014 Youth Forum “Kazakhstan-Russia” – Leadership and Innovation”;
- 2015 Youth Forum ” Youth. Science. Innovations”;
- 2017 Youth Forum “Learning for life”;
- 2018 Youth Conference “Energy of Generations (education, employment, trust and diversity)”;
- 2019 Youth Forum “Youth and challenges of the time”.
During the 11 years of holding Youth forums, representatives of state bodies, heads of major energy companies of Kazakhstan, international organizations, youth movements and initiatives took an active and active part.
Youth forums are focused directly on working with the youngest specialists. Almost all the events were not only original in their essence, but also aimed to promote the comprehensive development of their participants.
Since 2017, KAZENERGY Association, in partnership and with the financial support of Shell Kazakhstan, has been holding a team competition among the student youth of Kazakhstan “Student Energy Challenge”. 225 teams from 17 regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan took part in the competition for four years. Teams of students are working on a viable idea that would offer solutions to local and global energy problems in various fields.
This year, the fifth competition is being held, including for the first time with the participation of college students “Student Energy Challenge-Junior”.
The winning teams among universities will have the opportunity to undergo a paid internship in industry enterprises of Kazakhstan in their specialty, including professional consulting, professional diagnostics and mentoring by recognized professionals.
The winning teams among the colleges will become holders of a monthly scholarship during the 2021-2022 academic years.
Since 2019, StudentDigitalFest competition has been held with the sponsorship of Karachaganak Petroleum Operating B.V. The purpose of the competition is to support initiatives and innovative projects of Kazakhstan youth on the development of technological solutions in the field of digitalization.
The participation of young people in the competition contributes to the education of energetic, active, competitive people who are able to generate breakthrough ideas and find optimal solutions on current topics.
The second season of the competition in 2021 is accompanied by online consultations by experts of the company Karachaganak Petroleum Operating B.V. The teams are working on solutions to competitive technical tasks. In the final of the competition, the winning teams and the owners of the prize fund of $15,000 will be determined.
The final of both competitions will be held within the framework of KAZENERGY Eurasian Forum in October 2021.