Intermediate results of conducting “student energy challenge” intellectual team competition
Registration of applications from the teams participating in “Student Energy Challenge” competition ended on June 5, 2017 at 00:00 Astana time.
By the term of registration completion, the applications from 47 teams, including the students of technical specialties of the following educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan, have been received:
- Aktobe Regional State University named after K. Zhubanov;
- Kazakh-British Technical University;
- Nazarbayev University;
- Kazakh National Research Technical University named after K.I. Satpayev;
- Almaty University of Power Engineering and Telecommunications;
- Caspian State University of Technologies and Engineering named after Sh. Yessenov;
- L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University;
- Karaganda State Industrial University;
- S. Toraigyrov Pavlodar State University;
- Atyrau Oil and Gas Institute;
- I. Zhansugurov Zhetysu State University;
- M. Tynyshpayev Kazakh Academy of Transport and Communications;
- Korkyt Ata Kyzylorda State University;
- West Kazakhstan Agraria Technical University named after Zhangir-khan;
- East Kazakhstan State Technical University named after D. Serikbayev;
- North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybayev;
- East Kazakhstan State University named after S. Amanzholov;
- Rudnyi Industrial Institute;
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University;
- APEC PetroTechnic Higher College.
Thus, we can say that the competition attracted great interest among the students of Kazakhstan from the key technical educational institutions of the country.
According to the announced stages of the competitions, currently we expect submission of videoresumes from the teams by June 22, 2017.
Consideration of the received videoresumes will take place remotely, without the personal participation of the teams. After the selection, the teams who have passed to the second stage will be announced to present their project to the jury members in any of the three languages: Kazakh, Russian and English within the framework of the IX KAZENERGY Youth Forum on September 7-8, 2017. As a result, the best 3 teams will be defined.
However, with the support of “Ernst & Young Kazakhstan” Business Academy, it is planned to hold two workshops for the contestants in the webinar format, the June theme will include the specifics of working in the project team for the project implementation. All materials regarding the competition are available on the website www.kazenergy.com.
We should remind that the competition winners will get the prizes from Shell Kazakhstan (up to 10 000 euros) and technical/business workshops from the leading global mentors (for all wishing students of the winning team’s educational institution).